The iPhone 15 Pro Max comes with an Always On Display that keeps your lock screen visible at all times. While this can be useful to quickly glance at the time and notifications, it can also drain battery life. If you want to turn off Always On Display to conserve battery or find it distracting, follow these simple steps.
What is Always On Display?
The Always On Display keeps the lock screen dimly lit even when the iPhone 15 Pro Max is not actively being used.
It displays useful information like the time, date, battery percentage, and notification icons.
This allows you to check the time and other info without having to wake or unlock your iPhone.
Reasons to Turn Off Always On Display
- Improves battery life – Keeping the display on uses more power so turning it off saves battery.
- Removes distractions – The always-on screen can be distracting for some users.
- Privacy – Prevents lock screen content from being visible at a glance.
- Steps to Turn Off Always On Display on iPhone 15 Pro Max
- Open Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap on “Display & Brightness”.
- Scroll down and select “Always On Display”.
- Toggle the switch next to “Always On Display” to the OFF position.
The Always On Display is now disabled on your iPhone 15 Pro Max. The lock screen will remain black and inactive when not in use. Follow the same steps to re-enable the always-on display feature if desired. Enjoy using your iPhone with or without the display that’s always on!