iOS 17 introduced an awesome new way to easily share your contact information using your iPhone. Called NameDrop i.e., contact share, it allows you to quickly send your details to another iPhone user. If you want to know how to use Contact Share on your iPhone, here’s the guide for you.
Step #1: Create a Contact Poster
To use the Name Drop or contact share, you first need to make a contact poster in the Contacts app. This poster includes your profile photo and customized design.
Here is how to create your contact poster:
- Open the Contacts app and tap on your contact card at the top.
- Tap on the “Contact photo & poster” option.
- Tap Edit and then Create New to make your poster.
- Select a background photo and customize the design with effects, filters, and text.
- Tap Done when finished to save your poster.
The contact poster adds your personal flair to the info you will share. You can make it as simple or creative as you like.
Step #2: Share Contact Posters
Once both people have made contact posters, you are ready to share contact details between iPhones.
Start Contact Sharing
- Bring the top of both iPhones close together.
- Hold them steadily together for a second.
This will initiate NameDrop and transfer the contact posters wirelessly between the devices using NFC.
Step #3: Accept Contact
If one person has not made a poster yet, you will see an option to Receive the shared contact. Tap Accept if you want to save their details.
If both people have posters, you will both see a Share option. Tap Share on each iPhone to exchange contact details.
That’s all there is to it! The contact card will save directly to each person’s Contacts app for easy access.
Benefits of Contact Share or Name Drop on iOS 17
NameDrop makes exchanging contact information much faster and more user-friendly than before. Here are some of its benefits:
- No manually adding contacts from texts or emails
- Visually share contact posters for personalization
- Utilizes NFC for quick wireless transfer
- Easy to initiate by just holding phones together
It’s a super simple way to send your contact card to family, friends, coworkers, clients and anyone else you meet and want to share details with.
Customize Your Shared Contact Poster
The contact posters you create are entirely customizable, so feel free to make it match your personal style. Some ideas:
- Add emoji or text captions
- Use a fun background photo
- Include your company name and job title
- Change filters for different looks
Your shared contact reflects your brand. A customized poster makes your info more memorable. Get creative with your contact poster in iOS 17!
NameDrop makes exchanging contact details quicker, more creative, and fun. With just a few taps, you can wirelessly create and share your personalized contact card with any iPhone user. Use this guide to master and make connecting on iOS 17 easy.