Did you know that you can now connect your PlayStation 5 (PS5) controller to your iPhone, iPad, and even your Mac? Thanks to the latest iOS, iPadOS, and macOS updates, Apple has made it super easy for you to enjoy consolequality gaming on your iOS/ iPad devices. In this article, I am going to show you the simple steps to connect your PS5 controller to iPad. Let’s get started!
See More: How to Call Private on iPhone?
How to connect PS5 controller to iPad
Before diving into the steps, let’s ensure your devices are compatible. To connect your PS5 controller, you’ll need an iPhone or iPad with iOS 14.5 or later, and for Mac compatibility, you’ll need macOS Big Sur or later. Make sure that your PS5 controller is fully charged.
- To start, turn on your PS5 controller.
- Put it into pairing mode.
- Press and hold the PS button and the Share button simultaneously.
- Keep holding until the light bar starts flashing rapidly.
For iPhone and iPad users, follow these simple steps to connect your PS5 controller:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Look for DualSense Wireless Controller or Wireless Controller under Other Devices.
- Tap the controller’s name to pair it with your device.
- The light on the controller will stop flashing and change color once it’s successfully connected.
For Mac users, connectyour PS5 controller follow the steps below:
- Make sure Bluetooth is turned on on your Mac.
- Put the PS5 controller into pairing mode.
- Click on the Control Center icon at the top right of your screen.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon and then Bluetooth Preferences.
- Find your PS5 controller in the list of available devices and click Connect.
How to customize the settings for controller?
On iPad/ iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Scroll down and tap on General.
- Go to Game Controller.
- Select the name of your PS5 controller.
- Tap Default Controls to remap buttons across all games or Add Game Controls to customize for specific games.
- Choose the buttons you want to remap, and you’re all set!
- Open the Apple menu.
- Select System Preferences and then go to Bluetooth.
- Find your PS5 controller and click Options next to it.
- Customize your button layout as you like.
How to disconnect the PS5 Controller?
When you’re done gaming, you can easily disconnect the PS5 controller from your device. Here’s how:
On iPhone and iPad:
- Open the Settings app and then go to Bluetooth.
- Find your PS5 controller’s name and tap the i icon next to it.
- Click Forget this Device.
- Go to the Apple menu
- The locate System Preferences.
- Click on Bluetooth.
- Find your PS5 controller in the list, click the X button next to it, and confirm.
That’s it folks! If you face any issues while connecting then kindly ping us in the comment box down below and we will surely get back to you with a solution.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles