Want to keep your identity hidden when making a call on your iPhone? We’ve been there – when we wish to call a person anonymously by keeping our number and caller id hidden. But is it possible, or is it just another wild imagination?
Hold your breath, as there are certain ways to bring your imagination to life. Yes, you read it right. There are some practical methods to hide your caller Id and connect with a person secretly without them knowing your information. Interesting, isn’t it?
So, without wasting any further seconds, let’s get started learning how to block your number and call private on your iPhone. Believe it or not, knowing how to block iPhone’s caller ID is a one-of-a-kind experience and allows you to make outgoing calls without the recipient knowing who’s trying to reach them.
See More: What is Haptics on iPhone?
Shall we begin?
Why Do You Want to Hide Your Caller ID?
There can be plenty of reasons behind your desire to mask your iPhone’s caller ID and call secretly. The best part – you can block your caller ID either for a single call or for everyone, depending on the carrier you use.
So, before jumping into the methods, let’s outline a few obvious reasons to block the caller ID on your iPhone and call someone privately.
- Avoid sharing your contact details: The simple and obvious reason why you want to hide your caller ID is that you don’t want to share your number with anyone. It usually happens when you try to connect with someone unknown for a one-time purpose. Hiding or blocking your iPhone number in such instances can protect your number from recording, thus avoiding future calls coming back your way.
- Want to surprise someone: The next reason why you want to mask your number is to surprise the recipient. It might be possible that you want to play a prank on your near and dear ones without them knowing, hence, trying to hide your caller ID.
Whatever the reason, you can easily call anyone privately by blocking caller ID on an iPhone. Scroll down the page and find out how you can do so.
Make Anonymous Phone Callers from iPhone – The 4 Simple Methods to Follow
Not everyone is worthy of knowing your contact information, especially when you are trying to connect with some unknown person or suspicious caller. Do you agree? Well, if so, then we have some good news for you.
With iPhone, you can easily mask your number and hide your caller ID, so you can avoid any spam calls or unwanted messages in the future. Whether you want to use this feature for a few selection options or for everyone, these methods will get you covered.
Ahead, we have listed the 4 simple yet practical solutions to call someone privately. Let’s dive right in.
Using Default iOS Settings
Don’t feel surprised, as the key to hide your caller ID simply lies in your iOS default Settings tab. This can help you mask your number permanently, so you can call anyone anonymously and avoid sharing your contact info.
Follow the instructions below, and your number will then start appearing private for every call you make.
- Turn on your Apple device and expand the Settings tab.
- Scroll down to the Phone option and click to open it.
- There, you must locate the tab saying Show My Caller ID. Tap it and use the toggle Switch to show or hide your number. And that’s how you can block your number on your iPhone permanently.
However, be mindful that these steps mentioned above will be applicable to those using phone carriers other than Verizon or Sprint. If you are using iPhones with Verizon or Sprint as the carrier, this option is of no use, and you must follow other tactics to get this job done.
Block the number by using *67
The second most popular method to mask your caller ID on your iPhone is to use *67 and hide the number per-call basis, irrespective of the carrier. Believe it or not, you can’t beat the popularity of this option when it comes to hiding your number. And to your surprise, this trick works not just on iPhones but also on other smartphones as well as landlines.
Below are mentioned the stepwise instructions to use this technique.
- Click the Call icon and open the iPhone’s keypad.
- Dial *67, followed by the number you are trying to call.
- Place the call, and boom – your number will be hidden, and you can start a private call with the recipient.
Please note that contrary to several misconceptions, using this method is completely free of cost, and you don’t have to spend even a single penny on this. However, the only disadvantage of using the *67 method is that it is ideal for a per-call basis, which means that you must have to add this number all the time before connecting to a specific person, making it a bit strenuous.
Use a Burner app
In addition to the above two methods, the next way to hide your caller ID permanently is to use the Burner keyboard or app and skip dialing from your own number. This might be the best option you need, especially if you are not keen on putting extra effort into adding *67 when dialing a number or mucking around your carrier settings.
The internet is stocked with multiple Burner apps for your iPhones, and you can choose any of them to get this done. However, be mindful that nothing is available for free in this world, and these apps are no exception. You must have to subscribe to their paid services to mask your number permanently.
Ask your carrier to block your number
Okay, what if you are using Verizon or Sprint carrier, don’t want to use *67 all the time, and not interesting in spending bucks for calling anonymously? Wondering if there’s another solution? Well, yes, there is.
Gather the guts and simply ask your carrier to block your number. Sounds easy, isn’t it? No more paying subscription and making extra efforts. Remember that not every device has the same process for blocking your phone number, and it’s quite daunting to use the per-call service, and that’s why, you should seek your carrier’s help to get the job done.
And don’t worry, they will assist you, as long as you have a valid reason. Yes, while the carrier is able to mask all your outgoing calls, they will do the same only and only if you can convince them and offer some valid point supporting your argument.
Here’s how to do so.
- Connect to your carrier by calling 611 and select the right number to speak to the customer support agent.
- Give them a suitable reason to mask your outgoing calls.
- But remember that once your carrier sets you up with the private number, you still have to use *82 if you run into call rejection.
That’s all about it. We think our research will pay off and simplify your efforts of blocking your caller ID. Trust me, hiding or masking your number can go a long way in stopping annoying robocalls and unwanted messages.
Hence, it is advised to use any of the methods listed above and place anonymous calls to keep your contact information safe and secure. These solutions are tried-and-tested and therefore, you can count on them to make yourself untraceable
Blocking your caller IDs can help you at an arm distance from hackers or spammers who often use your number to commit the fraud or send those OTP messages. So, why wait? Use them now and enjoy safe and sound calling experience.