Have you ever wondered about transforming your iPhone into a portable gaming console? If yes, download DolphinOS on your iOS-powered device and enjoy gaming like never before. This app allows you to play GameCube and several other similar titles on your iPhones and iPads.
However, here’s the question – How to download Dolphin OS? Do you need to jailbreak your iPhone, or can it be downloaded on non-jailbroken devices as well? If these questions are bothering you, this guide might be the best bet to get all the answers. Keep scrolling the page and find everything you wish to know about downloading Dolphin on iOS. Let’s have a look.
See More: How to Download Gacha Nebula on iOS?
What is Dolphin OS – A Quick Introduction
Before we slide into the steps to download the Dolphin OS on your iPhone, let’s find out what’s the buzz all about. Dolphin OS is a famous Dolphin emulator specially designed for Apple devices. It allows gamers to enjoy all Nintendo titles, like GameCube and Wii games, on their iPhones and iPads.
The emulator works on both jailbroken and non-jailbroken devices. It supports a wide range of formats, including GCZ, WIA, M3U, WBFS, and more. Don’t worry about the prerequisites, as the emulator only requires iOS 12.0 and beyond and an A9 processor or newer.
Dolphin OS is an open-source version and allows you to play games without owning a Nintendo Wii or GameCube console.
Alternatively, you can also download ROM images from the internet for free. The emulator also features on-screen buttons, thus allowing you to control the games with ease. It simply converts your iPhone and iPad into a mobile gaming console, thus offering a hassle-free way to play your favorite Nintendo games.
How to download Dolphin OS Emulator on Jailbroken Devices?
Have you already voided your Apple warranties? In that case, your device is ready to download any third-party app without any restrictions or limitations. Those who own jailbroken devices can follow the instructions below to get the Dolphon OS Emulator.
- Since your device is jailbroken, your iPhone must have the Cydia Impactor installed.
- Visit the official website of the Dolphin OS and click the Download option from the menu on the homepage.
- A new tab will appear where you must scroll down to the Jailbroken devices.
- Tap the button “Add to Cydia” and search for the Dolphin OS.
- Once you find the link, click Install to begin the process.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Downloading Dolphin OS Emulator on Non-Jailbroken Devices
So, your Apple warranties are still intact, and you are wondering if you can download Dolphin OS Emulator on your non-jailbroken device. To your surprise, the answer is Yes, you can. Follow the instructions below and get it done with ease.
- First thing first. Install AltStore on your iPhone and launch it.
- Go to the Browse tab and click Sources in the top-right corner.
- Select the Add button next to OatmealDome’s AltStore Source.
- Tap Add Source as soon as the prompt occurs.
- Select Done in the top right corner and scroll down to DolphinOS.
- Click Free, and Dolphin OS will start installing.
Dolphin OS is an Apple-exclusive emulator that allows you to enjoy Nintendo games on your iPhones without having the Nintendo gaming console. The best part is that the console can be downloaded on both jailbroken and non-jailbroken devices, and requires iOS 12.0 and beyond.
That’s all for now. For more guides, please bookmark the page and visit us regularly.