Suppose if you are attending an important conference, and suddenly your iPhone makes a notification sound. Sounds embarrassing? Indeed, it is. While notification sound is good for knowing who’s trying to reach us, it often creates disturbance when we are busy or attending meetings, or sleeping.
But thankfully, iPhone gives users full control and allows them to silence these notifications whenever they want. Don’t worry, the process is simple and can be carried out in a few simple taps. Apart from silencing notifications from all, you can also customize this option and mute those uninvited contacts who often send irrelevant things and keep disturbing you all the time.
See More: How to Add Screen Record on iPhone?
So, what are you waiting for? Let’s walk through the step-by-step guide to silencing notifications on iPhone in iOS 17 and continue your work without getting disturbed at the moment.
How to Turn off Notifications in StandBy Mode?
What makes iOS 17 most desirable is its StandBy Mode, which turns your iPhone into a smart gadget while charging. But before you enter this mode and enjoy this feature to the maximum extent, it’s mandatory to silence notifications.
Here’s how to disable notifications in StandBy mode.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone and locate the StandBy option.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and disable the Settings for “Show Notifications”. And you will no longer receive further notifications as long as your device is set to Standby Mode.
The Steps to Disabling Notifications in the Focus Mode
What if you don’t want to receive notifications from someone specific? Fret not, as Apple has added even more control in this area by allowing you to choose the specific apps and people that could break through an active Focus.
Follow the instructions below to get the job done.
- Launch Settings on your iPhone or iPad and tap Focus.
- Select an existing Focus profile, or you can create a new one by tapping the + button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Give a name to the newly created focus profile. Tap the People section, no matter if you are using the existing profile or have created a new one.
- Tick the checkbox against Silence Notifications From and click the + button. Select the people from your contacts that you want to mute notifications from.
- Click Done, and the process ends here.
How to Mute Notifications from the Control Center?
Tired of all notifications and want a break? Stick to the guidelines below and turn them off from the Control Center with a few simple taps. Here’s how to do so.
- Open the Control Center or Notification Center by swiping down.
- After that, you can swipe the alert to the left to expose the Options and Clear buttons.
- Select Options and tap Mute for 1 hour or Mute for today. That’s it. The notifications will then be muted for a specific duration, and you can continue your work without getting disturbed or distracted.
There you have it. We hope our guide has helped you understand the steps to mute notifications on iPhone with iOS 17. Be it StandBy Mode or Focus, muting notifications is simpler than you think. So, don’t wait, and follow the instructions to get it done in seconds.