Are you unable to sign out of your Apple ID? Wondering what’s stopping you from the logout? Don’t panic, and welcome to the club of iOS troubles. Although Apple iOS is thoughtfully created, it is not entirely free from errors.
One such problem is “Apple ID sign out is not available due to restrictions”. This error occasionally appears on our iPhones and iPads, making users frustrated especially when they are in a hurry to log into another Apple ID.
So, what should you do to tackle the problem? Is there any solution to fix it? Scroll down the page and get all the answers you are looking for. Here’s everything you should know.
A Quick Overview to the “Apple ID Sign Out is Not Available” Error
Ever wondered what the error message “Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions” means? Well, before we jump into the reasons and solutions, let’s understand the error message first and know when it appears on your screens.
Users often face this pop-up when trying to sign out of their existing Apple ID. It prevents the device from doing so and brings a greyed-out sign-out option. The error is quite frequent in iOS 13, 14, 15, and 16.
What are the reasons behind the Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions?
So, what’s triggering the error message? It’s important to know the reasons beforehand to choose the solution accordingly. Here’s a quick rundown of the reasons that may lead to the Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions error.
- You might have turned on the screen time, leading to the error message.
- The screen might have locked with a screen time password, which further stops you from signing out of the Apple ID.
- Your iPhone or iPad has indulged in a continuous loop of sign-out.
- Verification error is one of the reasons why this problem may be happening.
How to Fix the Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions Error?
Below are mentioned the three simple yet practical methods to root out the Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions message for good. Follow them sequence-wise and resolve the problem in no time.
- Disable the Screentime
The first and the most efficient solution to remove the Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions from your iPhone or iPad is to turn off the screen time. According to Apple policies, a restricted account with a screen time password won’t sign out of the Apple ID for security reasons.
Hence, if you have enabled the feature mistakenly or intentionally, turn it off right away and see if this hack resolves the trouble. Here’s how to do so.
- Go to the Settings window and click Screen Time.
- Scroll down to the Disable Screentime option, and you will be asked to enter the Screentime passcode.
- Make sure you enter the correct information, and it’s done.
- Try signing out of the Apple ID again and see if the error is resolved.
- Update the Software
Sometimes, an outdated device leads to the Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions error message. Hence, the best way to resolve this trouble is to update your iOS at the earliest and get rid of the issue.
- Visit Settings and search for the Software Update.
- Click to download and install the new iOS version, if available. Hopefully, this method will resolve the error and let you sign out of the Apple ID.
- Power off your iPhone or iPad
Last but not least, turn off the phone for a couple of seconds and see if rebooting helps resolve the problem. A simple reboot can fix the minor software bugs that might be hindering the signing-out process.
Hence, turn off the iPhone or iPad for a few minutes. Power them on and try the sign-out process again to see if the error is resolved.
These are some of the possible fixes to remove the Apple ID Sign Out Is Not Available Due to Restrictions message. We hope our guide has helped you eliminate the problem and lets you sign out of your Apple ID in no time. For more such iOS-guides, please bookmark the page and visit regularly.