If you are an Apple user, you must know the challenges of sharing information between two Apple devices or iOS and other smartphones. But not anymore – as iOS 17 is all set to eliminate the hassle for good.
It has introduced a one-of-a-kind contact-sharing feature in the name of “NameDrop”, that allows iPhone users to share their contacts with others within a blink of an eye. Want to know more? Continue scrolling the page and find everything about exchanging contacts in iOS 17. Let’s have a look.
See More: How To Change Color in Standby on iOS 17
What is NameDrop in iOS 17?
Sharing content with other iPhones has never been easier, but the introduction of NameDrop has turned the tables and made things convenient and hassle-free. This feature works when you place two iPhones closer to each other and wait for them to connect.
Once they establish a virtual connection, you can easily share the contact details in a jiffy. It’s way more convenient than manually noting the contact information, thus eliminating the chances of error.
What are the prerequisites to use NameDrop on iPhones?
Now that you know about the NameDrop feature to exchange contacts on your iPhone, let’s outline the key requirements to get started.
- Speaking of prerequisites, NameDrop only works on iPhones running on iOS 17. Hence, if you want to utilize the feature, make sure your device is updated to the latest iteration of iOS.
- Secondly, you must place devices closer to each other to get connected. Since it uses Bluetooth technology, this method only works if both devices are placed in the closest proximity to each other.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Enable/ Disable NameDrop on iOS 17
So, how do you turn on the NameDrop on iOS 17? Follow the steps below and learn how to enable or disable this feature on your device. Here’s how to do so.
- Unlock your iPhone and visit the Settings tab.
- Tap General and click AirDrop.
- Toggle “Bringing Devices Together” to reflect your preference.
Remember that if the “Bringing Devices Together” option doesn’t appear on your device, it means that you haven’t updated your iPhone yet.
How to Share Contacts on iOS 17 using NameDrop?
Now that you have enabled the NameDrop feature on your iPhone, here’s how you can exchange the contact info between two iPhones in the shortest possible time.
- Bringing two iPhones together automatically pops up a contact-sharing interface.
- The pop-up shows the person’s contact information and his contact poster. The screen also includes two options – Receive Only and Share.
- You can select the option of your preference. If you select “Share”, choose the contact you want to share, and it’s done. Similarly, if you want to receive the contact info, click the Receive option, and wait for a second or less to get the details.
There you have it. Note that you must enable the NameDrop feature on your device and bring the devices closer to using the feature. What’s best? You can use the NameDrop feature on Apple Watches as well.
Thanks for being with us until now & stay tuned for more such interesting iOS updates.