Voicemail is an integral part of Apple users, as it allows them to leave messages when someone is away or unable to take calls. iOS 17 update has added new features to the existing visual voicemail, thus making it interesting and more useful.
The Live Voicemail allows users to read real-time transcription of the voicemail message, so they can decide whether they want to take a call or just drop it. But while the feature is thoughtfully designed, it isn’t immune to technical errors and glitches.
Many users have complained about Live Voicemail not working lately. Therefore, our experts have looked into the matter and come up with some practical methods to get rid of the problem for good. Let’s have a look.
Also Check: How to Receive Contact Information iOS 17?
Why iOS 17 Live Voicemail Isn’t Working?
There are multiple reasons why Live Voicemail isn’t working. A few of them are listed here.
- Compatibility issues
- Network error
- You might not have enabled the Live Voicemail feature.
- Software bugs
- Language incompatibility
What are the common Live Voicemail Not Working Problems?
The common problems you might face when the Live Voicemail feature isn’t working are as follows.
- The phone app isn’t displaying or playing voicemails.
- No alerts or notifications
- Live voicemail isn’t showing up or downloading on iPhone
- iPhone Voicemail notification isn’t working
- The transcription is not working for Live voicemail.
How to Resolve the Live Voicemail Not Working Error?
Here’s how to fix the Live Voicemail not working error. Follow the solutions below and get rid of the error right away.
Reset Voicemail Settings
Sometimes, faulty settings lead to the Live Voicemail not working error. Here’s how to reset your voicemail settings and see if this hack resolves the error.
- Open the iPhone app and tap on the Voicemail tab.
- Go to the Customize option to expand the settings.
- Choose to reset your voicemail password or reset your voicemail settings.
- Restart your device and see if the voicemail is working appropriately.
Update your Carrier Settings
The second best method to resolve the problem is to update your carrier settings. Here’s how to do so.
- Go to Settings > General > About.
- If the update is available, you’ll find the respective option to get started.
- Tap Download and begin the process.
- Once your carrier settings are updated, launch the live voicemail again and see the error has been resolved.
Set your language to English
Language incompatibility is yet another common reason why Live Voicemail isn’t working properly. The new Live voicemail feature transcribes the voicemails in real-time; hence, you must set your system language to English. Follow the steps below to change the language.
- Launch Settings and tap General.
- Go to the Language & Region and tap the Add Language button.
- Locate the English option or use the Search bar to find it.
- Select the option, and it’s done.
Force Close the Phone App
If you still face the error, it’s recommended to force close the Phone app and reopen it. This resets the Phone application on your device and removes any technical issue that might be hindering the Live Voicemail feature.
Here’s how to do so.
- Swipe up from the bottom and open the Multitasking View.
- Tap and hold the Phone app card and slide it upwards.
- Wait for a couple of seconds and relaunch the Phone app to see if the error has been resolved.
Enable the Airplane Mode
Another best and simplest solution to remove the error is to turn on the Airplane mode and disable it. It resets your network settings and eliminates any carrier issues that might be restricting the Live Voicemail feature from working properly.
- Swipe down from the top-right corner to open the Control Center.
- Tap the Airplane Mode to enable it.
- Hold for a few seconds and tap the Airplane icon again to disable it.
There you have it. We hope our guide has helped you resolve the Live Voicemail not working error. Don’t worry, if your Live Voicemail isn’t responding as intended. The error is temporary and can be resolved using the workarounds mentioned above.
Thanks for being with us and stay connected for more such iOS 17 updates.