Have you updated your iPhone to iOS 17? Is everything going the right way, or are you facing unexpected errors? iOS 17 is probably the biggest hype of 2023, as people have gone crazy after its announcement in June this year.
But unfortunately, excitement has now been overshadowed by the errors and glitches. Many users complained about multiple errors after updating their devices to the latest iOS iteration. One such bug is “Notifications not working”. And if you are amongst them, let us help you fix that with some tweaks and workarounds. Keep scrolling the page and see what we have in store for you.
You can also check: Is iOS 17 Worth It?
What are the reasons behind the Notifications Not Working error on iOS 17?
Have you wondered about the root causes behind the error? Or are you just moving straight to find the solution? If you are encountering the error for the first time and want to get rid of it completely, make sure you know the major reasons triggering the bug on iOS 17. Don’t skip this subhead; read the root causes carefully to find the best solution.
- Notification settings are turned off mistakenly.
- The notification summary is On.
- You are using outdated app versions.
- iOS 17 bugs
The 4 Simple Tweaks to Fix the iOS 17 Notification Not Working Error
Now that you are acquainted with the reasons, let’s outline the most effective hacks to eliminate the problem for good. All methods are tried and tested; hence, you can count on them without thinking twice.
1. Disable Focus on iPhone
Believe it or not, the Focus might be the culprit if you are not getting notifications after updating your device to iOS 17. This remarkable feature is launched to silence unwanted notifications so you can concentrate on whatever you are doing.
While the feature is noteworthy, it often deprives you of important notifications that you will regret later on. Hence, if you want to receive notifications, it’s good to disable it altogether. Here’s how to do so.
- Tap the Focus icon on the lock screen.
- Select the currently active Focus and toggle to disable it.
- Alternatively, you can also visit the Control Center > Focus and then turn it off.
2. Check Allow Notifications
As already suggested, sometimes you won’t receive notifications if you have turned them off mistakenly. In that case, follow the instructions below and turn them on in a few simple taps. Here’s how to do so.
- Go to Settings > Notifications.
- Click on your selected app and turn on “Allow Notifications”.
- Ensure you click on the Lock Screen option to get all the notifications on your lock screen.
3. Turn off Shared Across Devices on iPhone
Are you still facing the problem? It’s advised to turn off Shared Across Devices on your iPhone and see if this hack resolves the error. Here’s how to do so.
- Go to Settings > Focus
- Toggle off the button next to Share Across Devices, and it’s done.
4. Disable Notifications Summary
Have you enabled the Notifications Summary to avoid disturbance? Well, it’s time to turn it off and bring things back to normal. Notifications Summary is launched to allow time-sensitive notifications and silence all non-urgent alerts automatically.
So, if you want to receive all notifications, follow the steps below and turn it off.
- Visit Settings and open the Notifications tab.
- Tap Scheduled Summary and toggle off the switch next to Scheduled Summary. We hope this method will surely resolve the issue.
It’s all that we know about the methods to fix the Notifications not working error on iOS 17. We hope our solutions will help you resolve the error in less than no time. If you still face the trouble even after using all the methods, feel free to connect with us in the comments below and our experts will respond with the solution at the earliest.