Apple’s next iOS update is here, allowing users to enjoy new features and make the most of their iPhone experience. However, iOS 17.1 not only added new features but also updated the existing ones. One such option that’s got the recent update is Standby Mode.
See Also: How to Edit Standby Mode iOS 17?
While it was launched for iOS 17 and is almost new, Apple still updates the features to offer a smooth experience. With iOS 17.1, users will get the option to disable the feature after 20 seconds. You can either select Automatically or Never to use this option. If you opt for Automatically, the display will turn off when your iPhone is not in use.
So, how do you use this coolest feature in iOS 17.1? Is the process different, or will you have to follow the same steps all over again? Keep reading and find your answers right away.
How to Enable the Standby Mode in iOS 17.1?
Before we jump into the instructions to use the Standby Mode, let’s round off the steps to enable the feature in case you’ve missed the basics. Scroll down and make notes.
- While the standby mode is enabled by default, you can visit the “Settings” tab to initiate the manual process.
- Head to Standby and ensure the toggle is turned on.
- Be mindful that enabling the Standby mode is not enough. You must place your iPhone horizontally on any wireless charger to turn it on.
- Ensure your display is locked to avoid any unpleasant surprises later on.
See Also: How to Get Standby to Work on iOS 17
The Step-by-Step Instructions to Using the Standby Mode in iOS 17.1
Now that you have enabled the Standby Mode, it’s time to start using the coolest feature of iOS. As soon as it starts, you will see a welcome screen, saying “Welcome to Standby”.
At first, the basic display mode will appear on the screen. It’s none other than an analog clock and a calendar widget. But thankfully, you can customize this view with the available options. You can either choose Widgets, Clock, or Photos to add a dash of personalization.
Moreover, you can select between “Never” and “Automatically” to turn off the feature. If you select “Automatically”, iPhone will disable the Standby mode after 20 seconds of inactivity.
See Also: How To Change Color in Standby on iOS 17
How to Add Widgets to Standby Mode?
Standby mode displays the calendar widget by default, but that doesn’t mean you have to see it all along. Swipe up to change the view in seconds. Here’s how to do it.
- Press and hold the widget and add or remove it, depending on your choice.
- Hit the “-” icon on the top-left of the corner or eliminate it from the screen.
- Tap on the new widget and click the plus icon to add it.
- You can select options from widget suggestions in the left pane or find your favorite option using the search bar.
The new iOS 17 feature, Standby mode, has been getting all the eyeballs since the moment it was announced. The feature turns your iPhone into an ambient smart display. It is best for those who often leave their phone on their bedsides or docked on the office desk. So, why wait? Connect your phone to the wireless charger, lock the display, and place the phone horizontally to enable the mode right away.
See Also: Solve IOS 17 Standby Not Working